1) What’s a bubbled event?
The event processing routine for each object in complex control like data grid is very difficult. In such case, can make use of the bubbled event.
2) What data types do the RangeValidator control support?
The data types supported by rangevalidator are:-
3) What namespace does the Web page belong in the .NET Framework class hierarchy?
It belongs to System.Web.UI.Page.
4) What is namespace?
Namespace avoids the clashes between classes is called namespace. Namespace is a collection of structure, class, interface, delegate and enumeration.
5) What methods are fired during the page load?
6)What is the difference between Response.write() and Response.Output.Write
The major difference is that response.write() doesn’t provide formatted output whereas response.output.write() displays formatted output
7) When during the page processing cycle is viewstate available?
The ViewState is available a fter the Init() and before the Page_Load(), or OnLoad() for a control.
8) Describe the role of inetinfo.exe, aspnet_isapi.dll and aspnet_wp.exe in the page loading process.
ASP.NET requests are handled using inetinfo.exe. When an request is received, the isapi file filter the dll and process the request.
9) Explain the differences between Server-side and Client-side code?
Code on the server side gets executed in the server, in response to the request of any asp page whereas the code in the client side get executed in the client browser.
10) Should user input data validation occur server-side or client-side? Why?
Data validation are to be performed both on the server side as well as on the client side inorder for better performance and provide better quality.
11) Can you explain the difference between an ADO.NET Dataset and an ADO Recordset?
Dataset are universal but ADO.NET come in different version for different sources.
Dataset don’t have the concept of cursor.
Dataset don’t have current record pointer.
12) What is an assembly?
Assembly is the building block of the .NET framework.
13) What is the Global.asax used for?
It is mainly used to implement session level events and implement applications. It is included in the file Global.asax.cs.
14) What are the Application_Start and Session_Start subroutines used for?
The Application_Start and Session_Start used mainly to set the variables for session and application objects.
15) Explain what a diffgram is, and a good use for one?
Inorder to render the dataset object into XML the diffgram is used. The main use of the difgram is that reading the data in the database to an XML file which could be sent to web service.
16) Can you edit data in the Repeater control?
No, it is not possible to edit the data in the repeater control. It is just provide to read the information in the data source.
17) How to display data in a repeater control?
Item template is used to display the data in a repeater control.
18) What’s the difference between Codebehind=”MyCode.aspx.cs” andSrc=”MyCode.aspx.cs”?
Code behind is common only to visualstudio.net.
19) What is the difference between Server.Transfer and Response.Redirect? Why would I choose one over the other?
Server.Transfer function transfers processing of page directly to the next page, and hence provides faster response with little overheads.
Response.Redirect is to direct to another website or page.
20) How many classes can a single .NET DLL contain?
It can contain many classes.
21) What is the transport protocol you use to call a Web service?
The most preferred protocol is SOAP(Simple Object Access Protocol)
22) Describe the difference between inline and code behind?
Inline code is written along with the HTML page and code behind is written in separate file and referenced by .aspx page.
23) What is page class?
Page class is a base class which is inherited by all web forms.
24) What are the different types of Session state management options available with ASP.NET?
The two session state management are:
In-process state management
Out process state management.
25) How do you post a current page to different ASPx page?
ASP.NET redirect to a different page by the following ways:-
* Hyperlink on pages.
* Redirecting by making the browser to request a different page.
* Transferring control to a different page.