The reality is easy modifications to a website not built for SEO just does not cut it. Instead, they should have followed these 7 tips for improving their website before it ever went stay.
1. Opponent Analysis- Regardless of what business you are in, you need to know what your competition is up to. How can you expect to outshine them if you do not know what they are doing? The most obvious first step to competitor research is to see what keywords and words they are focusing on. But it goes beyond that. You also need to understand their connecting strategies, their off-site SEO, and other steps they have taken to achieve top positions.
2.Keyword Research- Market research is the bread and butter of SEO. Think of it as the base for your entire website. Without good keyword and key phrase research, your website will never create the rush in the look for engine ranking positions that you want. One error companies often create is to try to focus on keywords and words that are far too wide to position well for. For instance, if you sell windows, you do not want to focus on just windows. Instead, you should focus on specific words like storm proof windows or power efficient replacement windows.These are the keywords and words that will bring you highly site visitors.
3. Material Optimization- Contrary to what you might have read, SEO helpful content doesn’ t have to be keyword-stuffed, un-readable paragraphs. Unfortunately, thats exactly what tends to pass as SEO copy writing these days. In my mind, submissions are properly enhanced when your visitors do not even notice the keywords and words peppered throughout the duplicate. Aside from the use of keywords and words, the rest of your duplicate should comply with the traditional rules of copy writing. This has a strong proactive approach, short paragraphs of written text, and benefits-driven duplicate.
4.SEO Friendly Design- This goes back to the unique point of this post. One reason improving after your website has gone stay does not work is that it was not developed to be SEO helpful in the first place. Your web page needs to be developed so that it’s possible for the look for robots to spider through it. Although the look for motor’s ability to spider display websites has improved, it’s still far more effective to employ CSS on your website. Furthermore, your webpages need to be developed to load quickly so that your jump rate will not go through the roof.
5. Transformation Driven- Is there anything worse than visiting a website that is impossible to get around and that contains almost no contact information? If your website is not conversion motivated, it odds how high you position in the google because you will never get any sales. You need to lead your customers down the path to taking the activity you desire. Help create your proactive approach easy to see. It should never take more than one or 2 mouse clicks for a targeted guest to become a customer.
6. Interlinking- Interlinking is important for both SEO and navigational requirements. In addition to your main selection bar, you should also interlink to other webpages on your website throughout the body of your articles. These hyperlinks shouldn’ be in there just for the benefit of adding hyperlinks. Any time you include a link, it should appear sensible to helping the reader progress through your website. Furthermore, you should create your anchor-text keyword and key phrase rich. This helps both the visitors and the google get a better understanding of what the focus on web page is about.
7. Functionality Review- Before releasing your website, the last thing you should do is evaluation its usability. Sometimes, it’s easy to get so captured up in building your website for the google that you ignore the human consumer experience. Take a look at website to create sure it’s easy to get around and that the information is practical. Give your visitors a easy web structure, and they will be more likely to stay on your web page longer.